Learning in Style serves students who
- are 18 years of age or older
- have limited proficiency in English
- are committed to regular attendance
LIS welcomes adults who have no previous formal education.
We invite adult immigrants to expand their possibilities through language and learning. Depending on their needs, students may
- Acquire language tools for successful living
- Improve their math skills
- Become computer literate
- Challenge their way of seeing things
- Become life-long learners
The mission of Learning in Style is to provide quality education in English, Math, Computer and Citizenship to adult immigrants and refugees in our metropolitan areas and beyond. Established in 1994, LIS provides a safe, inviting and supportive environment, fosters learning suited to a mix of ethnicity and promotes multicultural tolerance and respect. Personalized placement offers the students the tools needed to thrive in this new culture.
In both mission and ministry, LIS functions from within the charism, tradition and expertise of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.